Dr. Charles J. Gutierrez is a board-certified general surgeon and fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Gutierrez received his Doctor of Medicine from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine in 1994.
Dr. Gutierrez completed his surgery residency at Huntington Memorial Hospital-USC in Pasadena, California in 2000 and has been in private practice since being recruited to Texas in 2000. He retired as an Army Reservist in 2012. During the course of his career, Dr. Gutierrez has treated patients with venous disease, ulcers, and complicated wounds with endovenous ablation therapy and other procedures. In 2010, Dr. Gutierrez began exclusively managing and treating medically-necessary venous disease.
With Dr. Gutierrez’s expertise in venous disease and surgery, he is an invaluable physician with VasCare Clinics. He is currently working out of our Beaumont Clinic. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Gutierrez, please fill out a request form or give us a call.
Dr. Gutierrez’s Memberships and Recognitions
- Dr. Gutierrez is been a board-certified surgeon by the American Board of Surgery.
- As an American College of Surgeons Fellow, Dr. Gutierrez enjoys the benefits of one of the most respected medical institutions in the country.
- Dr. Gutierrez is also a member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons and the American College of Phlebology.
- Held appointments as Chief of Staff and Chief of Surgery.
- Dr. Gutierrez had early admission to the University of Southern California at age 16 and was the youngest in his graduating class at the University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine.
- An accomplished medical researcher, he has published articles on Doppler ultrasound, transesophageal ultrasound, and vascular surgery.