Originally from Mercedes, Texas, Dr. James W. Schlotter has specialized in general and vascular surgery since 1989. After graduating Summa Cum Laude from the University of Texas in 1976, he attended the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, graduating in the top 10% of his class. Dr. Schlotter did post-graduate training at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth. He then completed a general surgery residency in 1989 and was a chief resident at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio. He is board certified with the American College of Surgeons and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
After many years of private practice in San Marcos treating vascular, general, and cosmetic cases, Dr. Schlotter moved to Corpus Christi to focus full time on treating venous disorders. Coastal Bend patients will benefit from his extensive and varied experience with many types of surgical treatments. Dr. Schlotter believes that educating patients about their symptoms and the required treatments improves the patient experience and promotes superior outcomes.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Schlotter, please fill out a request form or give us a call.
Dr. Schlotter’s Memberships and Recognitions
- American Board of Surgery, 1990 and re-certification 1999 and 2010.
- American Board of Family Practice, 1986
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, 2018
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- University of Texas Medical Branch Alumni Association
- Texas Medical Association
- PHI CHI Medical Fraternity
- Adjunct Associate Professor for UTMB Galveston’s Physician Assistant Program, 2010 to present
- US News and World Report “Top Doctor” 2012, 2013, 2014